Lost or Stolen Tickets
Reporting Lost or Stolen Tickets
To prevent the cashing of lost or stolen tickets:
1) Call the IGT Hotline to report the missing tickets.
The Hotline operates 24 hours a day and 365 days a year. Be prepared to provide
the following information to the Hotline operator.
- Your name and title
- Retailer ID number
- Business name and address
- Game, pack and ticket numbers of the missing tickets. Also date and time you discovered the tickets missing along with where and when tickets were last seen.
- Once reported as missing to the IGT Hotline, the ticket numbers will be entered into the Lottery central computer as "non- redeemable." This removes their ability to be cashed.
2) Contact your local police department to report the missing tickets and file a police report.
3) Retailer will receive a call from Wisconsin Lottery security to verify information.
4) Contact your insurance company. Lost tickets are your property. You may be able to seek reimbursement for them.
If tickets reported as missing are subsequently located, call the IGT Hotline immediately!
- Do not redeem mutilated tickets or any you suspect have been tampered with.
- Give the player a Claim Form and instruct them to mail the ticket to the Lottery.
- Lottery Security will determine if a ticket is defective.